Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:12:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Support Us

BFV Server Fund

Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $41.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
 0%

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50  (Read 8529 times)
rip|MightyMax
Clan Council
User

Respect: 25

MightyMax505mightymax505
Awards
« on: April 10, 2008, 07:50:55 AM »

Wow ....   still supporting the game....   8O

I may just have to fire it up some off night to see the changes...

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/battlefieldnewsdetail.aspx?site_id=B8KOM4UD-5RHY-7JEIWHPH&storyid=22342

It has been a little quiet on the Battlefield PC scene recently when it comes to what the DICE Live team has been up to. That’s because on top of dealing with cheats and server problems, we have been busy listening to you all in the community and working on a new update for Battlefield 2142. As well as making significant updates, we are bringing new content to 2142 which will bring new experiences to the Battlefield. As with Update 1.40, we will be running public beta on the update to gather your feedback so watch out for that announcement when we’ll be explaining more about the new content.

rip|Council BO2 Veteran 5+ Years' Service BlackOps Veteran BC2 Veteran LAN Partier CoD6: MW2 Service Ribbon QW:ET Service Ribbon CoD5 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon BF2 Service Ribbon BF2142 Service Ribbon MVP in a Match Scrimmed Prodigious Poster

rip|MightyMax
Clan Council
User

MightyMax505mightymax505
Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »

It's "almost" out ...

Still surprised with the support ...  :-)

Battlefield 2142 v1.40 to v1.50 Beta Patch

http://www.gamershell.com/download_25612.shtml

Update 1.50 is a big step for Battlefield as it is the first time EA has included community created maps and included them into an update. Wake Island makes a come back thanks to The Sir. Community and appears alongside a brand new map new to Battlefield created by Jason Brice, Operation Shingle. Also, for those who prefer to fight on foot, EA DICE has added a No Vehicle option to a number of maps to allow you to fight without worrying if you’ll come face to face with a Battle Walker. Also, as requested by match broadcasting groups EA has separated the Commanders voice volume from the Sound Effects so you can keep the explosions and gun fire without the Commander interrupting the broadcast.

Features :

* Added community maps, Wake Island 2142 and Operation Shingle
* Added the ability to use widescreen resolutions.
* Added No Vehicles mode.
* Added Conquest Assault mode.
* Changed the volume control for the Commander Voice Over on request of the esports community.
* Changes made to pod steering mechanism to improve control while limiting pod surfing.

FIXES

* Fixed the loading issue caused by corrupt Radial.cdb file
* Various changes made to prevent cheating.

rip|Council BO2 Veteran 5+ Years' Service BlackOps Veteran BC2 Veteran LAN Partier CoD6: MW2 Service Ribbon QW:ET Service Ribbon CoD5 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon BF2 Service Ribbon BF2142 Service Ribbon MVP in a Match Scrimmed Prodigious Poster

rip|mrkavanagh
Clan Members
User

Respect: 10

magicmrkavanaghmrkavanagh
Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:00:01 PM »

Quote from: "MightyMax"

* Added the ability to use widescreen resolutions.

well that shit should have been to begin with....i think they realize that the competition is kicking their ass

6+ Years' Service BlackOps Veteran CoD6: MW2 Service Ribbon CoD5 Service Ribbon BF2142 Service Ribbon QW:ET Service Ribbon Racing Licence rip|member CoD4 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne BF2 Service Ribbon

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

Respect: 46

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 06:45:51 AM »

Really should have been in BF2, let alone 2142.
Wonder if there's any chance a bf2 update will come out now that they've got WS figured out.

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

rip|MightyMax
Clan Council
User

MightyMax505mightymax505
Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 07:01:00 AM »

Dam good question ...    

The one thing that gets me is that they are adding community made maps...  

BF2 has some great maps...  and a larger community...  

I guess they think that they still have an opportunity to sell more copies???  I just do not understand EA sometimes ...  ( OK that could be a blanket statement )

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

Respect: 46

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 07:17:53 AM »

LoL ... "sometimes" eh?

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

rip|mrkavanagh
Clan Members
User

Respect: 10

magicmrkavanaghmrkavanagh
Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »

6+ Years' Service BlackOps Veteran CoD6: MW2 Service Ribbon CoD5 Service Ribbon BF2142 Service Ribbon QW:ET Service Ribbon Racing Licence rip|member CoD4 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne BF2 Service Ribbon

SereneKaos
User

Respect: 5

serenekaos
Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:59:08 AM »

Might actually make me play it again. I DID love 2142. And that "No Vehicles" option might be pretty darn interesting.

CoD5 Service Ribbon BF2142 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon Scrimmed

rip|Vitalix
Clan Members
User

Respect: 13

Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 09:03:37 AM »

I still like 2142.  This is on my to do list ... especially trying out the "no vehicle" option.

6+ Years' Service BlackOps Veteran LAN Partier QW:ET Service Ribbon CoD5 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon Scrimmed BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger Prodigious Poster Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne BF2 Service Ribbon rip|member

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

US Eastern

TinyPortal 1.0 RC1.1 | © 2005-2010 BlocWeb