Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:58:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Support Us

BFV Server Fund

Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $41.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $0.00
 0%

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear iRacing Buddies...  (Read 5600 times)
Ezeon
User

Respect: 32

MeowmixOlotEzeon
Awards
« on: January 02, 2011, 06:13:12 PM »

I would like to invite anyone who has or is willing to try iRacing to a race being held next Saturday the 8th. I would like to form a Whoopass-Racing.com team I think that would be cool. The entry fee for a team is a donation to a charity which I will cover, but obviously you are welcome to contribute to the cause, the eye care charity Orbis.

The team will have two drivers but if we have more than that in interest we can make the decision on drivers on the last day of practice. I want us to get at least two seconds behind the fastest drivers practice laps before race day. I'm not sure if we can enter a second team if necessary but I'm sure it could be worked out.

Race starts at 4:00PM Est, and there will most likely be practice servers up during the week so we can get some free track time together.

The track is the brand new release Spa Francorchamps in all it's laser scanned, detailed as hell beauty.

Car choices are the three free road cars MX-5 Cup, MX-5 Roadster, and the Pontiac Solstice(iknowiknowiknow). I will be driving the MX-5 because I run that car regularly but you can pick either, whatever suits you the best, the solstice looks like a fun car here.

Field size is HUGE, there are 42 pit stalls at Spa and MX-5 servers have been filling up everyday since release and it is an absolute blast to battle with 5 or more cars bunched together lap after lap. There will be split servers so 40 drivers per server, if we are invited to the main server the race will be streamed online with a 20 car field.

The lap count is 30 laps, which at Spa is very tiring especially in slower car's that are all in a dead heat where the draft is crucial to pass cars on the straight. It is a thrilling car class no matter how much you like POWAAAA, these cars provide some of closest racing there is. Much like the Mini racing.

I realize a week is pretty short notice for an endurance race like this but I thought it would be a cool thing for us to do. I'm not looking to win the event or anything just want to put both our cars over the line at the end in a fine display of clean safe but quick driving.

More about Spa and the price to run iRacing: if you are willing to start a 5 dollar account and pay the 14.95 for a track you will spend hours and hours on, you won't regret it. If you truly let yourself loose on this track you will love the challenge of getting faster and faster each lap, every time hitting Eau Rouge like a pro. It is just something you must experience Tongue

I personally have been running laps at Spa in many different cars everyday this week because I cannot get enough, its a challenging and beautiful course and is worth the price no doubt.

right now you can enter PR-Zandvoort and get 5 dollars for a month plus Zandy for free. check http://simracing-news.blogspot.com/p/iracing-promotions.html for other codes.

Here is the races website, Ill register the team if at least one are free to race Smiley
http://www.radicalsonline.com/content.php/211-Orbis-Charity-Mixed-Class-Spa-Race

fyi. This is not an official iracing or leauge race. it is a one off event.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:15:06 PM by Ezeon » Logged

Racing Licence Honorary Member

bpbriles
User

Respect: 29

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »

Oh yeah I would love to enter!  I have to look and see if it will be possible this Saturday.  I check it all out and get back with you.

STARTS - 47      POLES - 1
CAREER WINS                    
TC6  Round 1  - Long Beach x2
TC6  Round 2  - Brianza (points)                                                        
TC6  Round 6  - Stage Race
TC7  Round 2  - Cleveland x2
TC7  Round 3  - Rouen les Essarts
TC7  Round 6  - Surfers Paradise
GP8  Round 2  - Miller Short
GP8  Round 8  - Mont-Tremblant
GP8  Round 10 - Oulton Park
GP8  Round 11 - Martinsville
rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

Respect: 46

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:51:07 AM »

Might be possible for me ... will have to get the track (i guess) and refamiliarize with the MX5.

side note: Charity seems to be UK based and as far as I can tell, not 501(c)(3) tax deductible.  (just in case anyone else was wondering)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:23:56 AM by rip|buzinator » Logged

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 02:58:22 PM »

... and I am hooked up with Spa. We'll see how this goes, lol.

(thx Ez)

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

bpbriles
User

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:31:55 PM »

Race itinerary has been approved by boss... aka "wife".           I am in!       Smiley

Gonna run some laps tonite, if anyone else can make it, I will host a session to practice on a bit

CAREER WINS                    
Ezeon
User

MeowmixOlotEzeon
Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:01:18 PM »

Embarrassed

Looks like they closed registration before I could sign us up. We are on the reserve list for now.

Hopefully I can find some more races we can enter as a team in the future.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:04:44 PM by Ezeon » Logged

bpbriles
User

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 06:23:01 AM »

Well that sucks!!       Angry  

Yeah EZ, keep an eye out for more.

I ran about 17 laps on a hosted practice/race server last night.  In the MX-5 @ Spa, there are so many spots to improve your time.  This car and track are a great challenge!

What times have you been running there EZ?  Best I got last night was a 2m59.2.  I was more consistently running in the 3m range.  I was 4th in practice, Q'd 7th and finished 4th in a 9 lap sprint race.  Fastest lap was 2m55 or high 2m54

If it don't work out, would you all be interested in a hosted session instead?    

CAREER WINS                    
Ezeon
User

MeowmixOlotEzeon
Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 03:21:45 PM »

I'd be interested in a session together.

So far I've been running right in that range. I still need some work with this car.

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 03:57:47 PM »

Today's wed right?

idk what my chances are but will see if i can get on for a while.

bpbriles
User

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »

I might be able to get on tonite.... maybe.  If so it will be close to 9pm. 

If it don't work out, would you all be interested in a hosted session instead?   

....what I meant was, if we can't get into the race Saturday, we could host our own session at that time.

CAREER WINS                    
rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 04:43:06 PM »

sorry - i wasn't clear, i just meant that i'd attempt some laps to see if i'm in the same suburb as the ball park.

bpbriles
User

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 04:30:35 PM »

Sorry about the no show today guys.  I am feeling quite under the weather, just trying to rest up.

CAREER WINS                    
Ezeon
User

MeowmixOlotEzeon
Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 04:41:38 PM »

No worries, I've been takin it easy this weekend.

Watching the race now, 3 laps to go and Wyatt Gooden from ohio is winning.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

US Eastern

TinyPortal 1.0 RC1.1 | © 2005-2010 BlocWeb