Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:37:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Support Us

BFV Server Fund

Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $41.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $0.00
 0%

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WED: RD Event - Spec Racer @ Okayama 9PM  (Read 5963 times)
Ezeon
User

Respect: 32

MeowmixOlotEzeon
Awards
« on: July 19, 2011, 08:35:33 PM »

Race department is holding a club event Wednesday night that any RD licensed  can sign up for.

Anyone wanna race it tomorrow?

http://www.racedepartment.com/iracing-club/59854-us-scca-spec-racer-ford-okayama-international-circuit-wednesday-july-20th-2011-a.html

Server opens at 9pm

Racing Licence Honorary Member

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

Respect: 46

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 06:20:24 AM »

I'm certainly interested ... I do however go by a different name on RD than I do in iRacing...a little nervous that may cause some trouble. Guess I'll dig around the site about getting it changed.

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

bpbriles
User

Respect: 29

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:33:20 AM »

I tried to sign up and it said I had to be licensed.....Huh?    Huh?

Any idea?

OK nevermind got signed up to be licensed.  Now I wait for approval.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:36:53 AM by bpbriles » Logged

STARTS - 47      POLES - 1
CAREER WINS                    
TC6  Round 1  - Long Beach x2
TC6  Round 2  - Brianza (points)                                                        
TC6  Round 6  - Stage Race
TC7  Round 2  - Cleveland x2
TC7  Round 3  - Rouen les Essarts
TC7  Round 6  - Surfers Paradise
GP8  Round 2  - Miller Short
GP8  Round 8  - Mont-Tremblant
GP8  Round 10 - Oulton Park
GP8  Round 11 - Martinsville
Ezeon
User

MeowmixOlotEzeon
Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »

Cool! I put my name on the list officially.

I doubt they would have a problem with that Buz being a club event and all.

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »

ok, I signed up also. Good point that it isn't a league race.

I hope they get to BP's application quickly. I forget how long it took for mine back in the day.

Do you think we need to worry about RD's Teamspeak? Given that iRacing has the built-in voip?

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

Ezeon
User

MeowmixOlotEzeon
Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 06:26:48 PM »

It's not listed on the event page so I'd say they just use in game chat.

See you guys in a bit,

BP - they might let you in if you post that your license
Is pending and state your iracing license level

bpbriles
User

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 06:48:44 PM »

Still have heard nothing.     Shocked

But honestly, I have a bit of a toothache and I think I'm gonna sit this one out.

Will be out next week as well.  Taking the minions to Kings Island amusement park.   Wink

CAREER WINS                    
rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 08:37:55 PM »

doh - hope the tooth calms down, or gets fixed. Ez tells me Kings Park is good. I'll trust him Wink

We had a fun time in this race btw - Ez was kicking butt for a long time, in the later stages we both had unfortunate momentary losses of control (mine I blame on a back marker spinning in front of me). Still, scheduling was near perfect. Non-championship race so it was a little less tense. seemed good.

bpbriles
User

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »

Sweet!  Glad to hear it was a good time.  Sooooo, ..... Where did you guys finish?  How many started?  ... all that good info.  tell me, tell me, tell me!

Yeah gonna visit the dentist next week to get it sorted out.  With the ALMS/IRL Mid-Ohio weekend coming up, I want to make sure it does not flair up again un-announced.    Cry
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:32:23 AM by bpbriles » Logged

CAREER WINS                    
rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:56:17 AM »

I think there were 10 or 11 starters, Ez qual'ed 3rd(?), me 7th (shockingly).

Ez came come in 2nd I think, but lead much of the race.

I had an extended battle with two other guys, I was running as high as 4th at one point. The 3 of us were yo-yo'ing or playing leapfrog until eventually this one back-marker guy (who we'd all lapped multiple times, he just couldn't keep it pointing forwards) spun right in front of me and I spun as I tried to avoid him.

Was hot about it initially because the battle was going so well with those other guys. But glad I didn't say anything, that could easily have been me spinning all over the place not so long ago. Bummed, I nursed it home for 6th, realizing how lucky I was to not have wrecked completely.

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »

btw ... you're licensed now, fwiw ...

bpbriles
User

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 03:10:13 PM »

Sounds like a good one.  Too bad I missed it.  Likely would have been back around your end of the grid and not EZ's.  He's pretty damn fast in the SRF!   Wink  Best lap I could pull in the few I did was around a 1m51.6

If you have a nice battle or two, it really does not matter what position it's for.  I feel your pain on the spin though.  I  spun twice the other night in a 60min race on the last lap!  Lost 3 positions! 4th to 7th just like that.... Cry      self induced, I might add.  Just kept grasp of 3rd in the championship, by like 2-4 points.  WHEW! 

So the Whoop Ass Racing Monte Carlo SS had a positive first year in the ISRA GTC ST class!       Grin
EZ's mid season F1 test in the UK hampered his season standings, but I'm sure he will be back strong next season in the new Ford GT's that are being built @ the shop as we speak.
And so on.....   Wink

Glad I am Licensed now.  Does RD run somewhere every Wed night?  If they run another one on another night that looks interesting to you, just holler and I'll see if i'm free.

CAREER WINS                    
Ezeon
User

MeowmixOlotEzeon
Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »

Was a great race. I was sitting in second for about two thirds the race when the leader seemed to be loosing pace. I managed to keep my pace up and when he slipped up a bit I passed. But about 5 mins to go I loose my concentration for a second on a corner that I'm usually good at and spin loosing the lead. While I normally think these kind of events are good for beginners I really think you should be able to turn some laps, that guy was all over the place each time I lapped him.

Looks like there is another event next Wednesday also, so looks like it might become a regular date for these club races.

Looking forward to the Ford GT, got to be ready to swoop for a spot on the roster tomorrow!

Attached a shot from the race last night.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:12:11 PM by Ezeon » Logged

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 02:10:43 PM »

sweet pic ... nice skin btw. Is that posted anywhere? I'd love it to be visible on my end.

If i'd found in practice that i was having as much trouble as that one guy, I would have withdrawn to try it again another day. I actually was considering it early on, until the one guy mentioned not backing all the way off-throttle. That one tip saved my evening, the SR does seem particularly tail happy IMO. I guess leaving some throttle on is like adding pre-load or adjusting coast on the diff.

Next Wed's race is up http://www.racedepartment.com/iracing-club/60289-us-ford-mustang-fr500-watkins-glen-intl-classic-boot-wednesday-july-27-2011-a.html#post879475

I registered already.

edit: looks like the car got changed to the Mustang, I suspect Will did this to accommodate me. Damned nice of him, my apologies if this change is a disappointment.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:20:46 PM by rip|buzinator » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

US Eastern

TinyPortal 1.0 RC1.1 | © 2005-2010 BlocWeb