Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:59:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Support Us

BFV Server Fund

Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $41.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
 0%

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iRacing 2.0 ... how is it?  (Read 2710 times)
rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

Respect: 46

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:49:16 AM »

Hey,

I see Ez was in the most recent Racedepartment event, where they ran the GT and LMP @ Suzuka ... maybe BP was there too by the sound of it?

How was that event? What do you think of the new cars & tires etc?

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

Ezeon
User

Respect: 32

MeowmixOlotEzeon
Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »

I was in the Ford GT, it is very sensitive to lock ups but you have to be slow in and fast out with this car. The tires are a challenge to get used to but are very well done I think.  They emulate endurance style slicks well in that I don't think they wear a whole lot, either that or the way I drive so far does not wear them out, I have gone 60 mins on the same tires. Also if you mess up a corner (spin out, excessive lock up, go off track) your tires will be unreliable for the next couple of corners before they gain more grip.

The race was good, I started 5th in my class and ended up 3rd. There where a lot of drivers who seemed not ready. BP could not make it as he was leaving for Mid-Ohio the next day.

The next event should be better as it is just the Ford GT. I ran a single class GT race on Thursday and it was a blast. It's at Laguna so the GT is the only car you need.

Racing Licence Honorary Member

bpbriles
User

Respect: 29

bpbriles
Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 07:41:49 AM »

Sounds like I missed some good races while gone!   Sad

I had a great time and got some cool pics, I'll post some in a  bit.  but wait.... a    Little teaser  first Wink 

I'm in for sure this Wed !!

I agree w/ EZ.  The NTM is really good.  I think it will improve even more with updates that are sure to follow for months. 
It gives a real planted feel.  Works very well with FFB to give a superealistic feel.  The tires do last quite a long time.  They reward the smooth and consistant and will bite you if you overwork them too much.   
Like EZ said this car does not like to be overdriven, slow in fast out.  It has some REAL power once you get it pointed in a straight line. 
Once the rear starts to slide @ speed it's usually game over.  If you try to correct, you are almost instantly put into "OVER"correction mode.    Shocked 

I am really digging this car and the sound it makes is super sweet.    Cheesy

Racing Licence Honorary Member

STARTS - 47      POLES - 1
CAREER WINS                    
TC6  Round 1  - Long Beach x2
TC6  Round 2  - Brianza (points)                                                        
TC6  Round 6  - Stage Race
TC7  Round 2  - Cleveland x2
TC7  Round 3  - Rouen les Essarts
TC7  Round 6  - Surfers Paradise
GP8  Round 2  - Miller Short
GP8  Round 8  - Mont-Tremblant
GP8  Round 10 - Oulton Park
GP8  Round 11 - Martinsville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

US Eastern