Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:53:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Support Us

BFV Server Fund

Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $41.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $0.00
 0%

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayz standalone  (Read 3239 times)
rip|bonuspoints
Clan Members
User

Respect: 13

Awards
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7DhZIe6-9v4

So much going on with this. The standalone alpha looks like:
-almost all building's you can enter now.
-The zombies have new animations and look better.
-The zombies can run in doors.
-The inventory system is overhauled
-New places to discover
-A stand against hacking. When any game is as popular or more then this it gets negative attention. The purpose of the standalone game vs the mod of armaII is to limit the database items that can spawn. Hackers in the mod were able to spawn weapons not part of dayz but from aramII. Limiting this should improve game play experience.

Areas that still need addressed and development is saying yes they will get to it, are:
-hit detection
-super zombies (can take more damage on body excluding head shots)
-Vehicles will be added later
-Base building

Just recently the mod received some cool upgrades. They were able to use a shovel to hide there gear if they wanted. I am sure this will appear in the standalone eventually. The pricing will be like mindcraft. Early stage of the game will be cheap like $10-20. As the game continues to develope into a full release you can expect to pay higher retail prices. The modding community of dayz  who is behind the base building also has AI military death squads. Essentially these are military AI going to city to city to clean the infestation of zombies. They will shoot you on site and in squads use tatics to pin you in.

This survival zombie simulation is a real treat. I Urge you to all get it. Imagine all the fond memories you can share with your fellow riip members (Cholera, Typhoid fever, Dysentery, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Leptospirosis, Tuberculosis, Viral Meningitis, Bacterial Meningitis, Common cold, Influenza)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:23:53 PM by rip|bonuspoints » Logged

rip|member 4+ Years' Service BO2 Veteran BlackOps Veteran BC2 Veteran CoD5 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon Scrimmed MVP in a Match

rip|bonuspoints
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 07:17:47 PM »

More Q&A from E3. The Standalone is expected to launch at the end of this month.

http://kotaku.com/dayz-fans-sent-us-questions-for-the-games-creator-we-513010392
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:21:58 PM by rip|bonuspoints » Logged

rip|member 4+ Years' Service BO2 Veteran BlackOps Veteran BC2 Veteran CoD5 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon Scrimmed MVP in a Match

rip|bonuspoints
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 03:24:25 PM »

The standalone has been released as a Alpha. Costs $30 on Steam. There is a supporter edition available on Bohemia's website with extra rewards. There goes my Christmas vacation ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ss1dckHhfI#t=11

rip|bonuspoints
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »

I like to play this game here and there to see the progress. They have made changes to the survival system and added a lot too. Body temp, and hunger seem more difficult to manage which is better IMO. The zombies no longer glitch through walls, but the melee combat against them is awkward. There are a lot more items to loot and craft. I have read that wildlife (bears) and vehicles are coming next.

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

Respect: 46

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:55 AM »

Thx for update.

not sure if you'd know but does going indoors work as a defense against rain yet? I seem to recall my clothes getting ruined, even though they never got wet. Sad Smiley

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

rip|bonuspoints
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 10:05:36 AM »

yes you can stay indoor's to help some, but you need a jacket and some good shoes to stay dry and avoid hypothermia.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

US Eastern

TinyPortal 1.0 RC1.1 | © 2005-2010 BlocWeb