Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Support Us

BFV Server Fund

Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $41.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
 0%

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone still around?  (Read 4451 times)
rip|Bretware
Clan Members
User

Respect: 26

Awards
« on: April 08, 2017, 01:46:27 PM »

Getting back in to sim racing, alot has changed in my life. Here's the new motion rig I'm building, where's everyone racing?https://s13.postimg.org/9pmngznfr/IMG_20170313_142305.jpg
Anyone still around?

4+ Years' Service Recruiter Ribbon rip|member Racing Licence

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

Respect: 46

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 07:45:34 AM »

Holy cow man! Hope you're not welding in your livingroom Cheesy

Cool to see what's up with you. I think everybody from the old gang is well, a little dispersed, not much racing on a consistent basis but sometimes we'll go thru phases with it.

I thought of you when I was at the Australian GP last month, those Force India cars look suspiciously familiar!

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

rip|Bretware
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 06:46:18 AM »

Hey Buz
Lol, I don't get that shade of pink, seems like a lack of commitment to me, if you're going pink. go pink!
I started racing at Iracing for about a month but stopped for this build, I raced the MX-5, it took a little time to get use to the clutch and H-shifter but started winning by big margins against the rookies, still just feeling Iracing out. I tried Assetto Corsa and didn't really care for it.
Are you still racing? Where?
 Im looking for a team to race with at Iracing preferably high down force or road course racing.
Sim racing has blown up the last couple years, I wonder if we could get something going again.

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:03:36 AM »

EZ and BP went down the iRacing path for a while, not sure if they are still doing it. I tried to go with them but just couldn't wrap my head around the physics.

I'm fairly OK with RF2, AC, CARS1 ... but none have seemed to have quite the right community buzz to draw me in properly.

rip|Council 11+ Years Service LAN Partier Recruiting Legend Racing Licence BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon BF1942 Service Ribbon Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne

rip|Bretware
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 06:47:33 AM »

Funny you say that because when I first tried iracing my triples seemed to look right but weren't, I couldn't drive it at all. It had to do with the iracing video settings, I wonder if it affected you also. Another thing is in private practice the car needs to be setup, online in the rookie class is locked I believe.

rip|buzinator
Administrator
User

ripclanbuz
WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »

Not sure what your "triples" are? [EDIT: your tire temps?]

Graphically it seemed fine, I just couldn't get feel for traction or understand how the braking-suspension interaction worked, was all just very disconnected seeming. Could barely drive an out lap without spinning or understeering off. I definitely did better in the open wheeler (Star Mazda or something?) than say, the Pontiac Solstice or whatever base car they had. For sure a locked setup would have made things worse for me, I think.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:32:28 PM by rip|buzinator » Logged

rip|Bretware
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 12:45:22 PM »

I don't know if you were using three monitors, but when mine were not set correctly I could not drive the car. Best I can remember, triples report to I racing as one monitor, you have to change it to  3 monitors and check multi projection. I discovered it because I noticed the walls weren't lining up very well in the side monitors. As soon as I changed those settings the car was a million times better. 

rip|Bretware
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 12:59:52 PM »

Added the adjustable shifter mount, Ready to start on the dashboard electronics, two 7 inch tablets and a bunch of buttons.
https://s8.postimg.org/ntw7jfmlh/IMG_20170418_144952.jpg
Anyone still around?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

US Eastern

TinyPortal 1.0 RC1.1 | © 2005-2010 BlocWeb