Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:21:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Support Us

BFV Server Fund

Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $41.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
 0%

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rising Storm Vietnam  (Read 2263 times)
rip|CoyotezEye
Clan Council
User

Respect: 23

coyotezeyescoyotezeye
Awards
« on: May 15, 2017, 11:12:22 AM »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/418460/Rising_Storm_2_Vietnam/

Anyone play the BETA this weekend?

I did. Wasnt bad. Reminded me of Battlefield Vietnam a lot. They even have spawn tunnels for the VC like they did in BFV. Flying has a steep learning curve. They do not fly like they did in BFV. They have a commander that lets you call in Arty strikes, Napalm, etc... But the commander is more like it was in BF2 where you can play & still run commander. For commander you have radio stations on the map you can use. OR you have 2 spots that people can play as Radiomen and the commander can use them.

They limit classes so you dont have 32 snipers running around. Going off memory I want to say it was 2-3 Snipers. 3 Machine Gun Class, 2-3 Scout class (Shotgun or Flamethrower) 2-3 Nade Launcher class M79. And a few other classes I am forgetting. I played a couple game modes. One is like Chainlink or whatever the mode was in BF4. The other was sort of like rush but you capped flags instead of planting bombs. But it was Linear. 

For Helis only the US has them. You get 2 Hueys which can spawn people. But no parachutes. You need to land or be close to the ground for people to jump out. They also have a Cobra & a Little Bird. You spawn as a a Transport or Attack Pilot once again these are limited. Also if you are a transport pilot you cant grab the cobra or little bird. To repair / rearm you need to go back to the helipad at spawn and land.

To counter the Helis the Vietcong commander can launch Anti Air Rockets as part of the commander screen that autolock on helis above a certain height. No counter flares or anything from what I have seen.

Overall game is pretty decent and I might pick it up.

rip|Council BO2 Veteran 6+ Years' Service BlackOps Veteran BC2 Veteran rip|member LAN Partier CoD6: MW2 Service Ribbon CoD5 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon MVP in a Match Scrimmed BFV Service Ribbon

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

US Eastern

TinyPortal 1.0 RC1.1 | © 2005-2010 BlocWeb