Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Support Us

BFV Server Fund

Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $41.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $0.00
 0%

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: has anyone done any vr gaming yet?  (Read 3891 times)
rip|Ripper
Clan Leader
User

Respect: 22

ripper2323
WWW Awards
« on: May 23, 2017, 06:56:24 AM »

which vr headset is the best? any recommended games?  is it a gimmick or will it stay?  thoughts?

Clan LEADER 11+ Years Service BO2 Veteran BlackOps Veteran BC2 Veteran LAN Partier CoD6: MW2 Service Ribbon Recruiting Legend QW:ET Service Ribbon CoD5 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon BF2142 Service Ribbon Scrimmed Prodigious Poster Légion du Pantalon Nu D'âne BF1942 Service Ribbon BFV Service Ribbon Scrim Arranger BF2 Service Ribbon

rip|bonuspoints
Clan Members
User

Respect: 13

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 10:30:29 AM »

It's pretty awesome. I have a HTC vive, and I think chiefjedi does as well. I haven't played any coop or multiplayer games in VR but I would like to try. I have heard the oculous is pretty good too, but have never tried it. Some games are proprietary to the system, this is where I think HTC vive edges out the competition. HTC vive will have doom and fallout 4 later this year.

Some great VR games out:
Elite Dangerous
Arizona Sunshine
Google tilt brush
Job simulator
Audio shield
the Lab

are some of my favorites. I have about 30 games for VR some are great and other are so/so. I can recommend more if you want.

The Cons:
It's expensive, the vive is ~$700 and you need a decent video card because its rendering frames for each eye.
The graphical resolution is fairly low, 1080x1200 per eye. It makes my eyes blurry after a couple hours of use.
There is a need to have more AAA games, but I'm sure they will trickle in.
It can make you dizzy. For example elite dangerous is a space sim, and when you do barrel rolls it makes you want to throw up.
The last thing is you need a fair amount of space in your room. I wish someone would have told me before buying certain games, but some games require a minimum amount of floor space to play because they require you to walk around and interact with things. Theses games are noted in steam if they require additional floor space.

but with all the cons, it is like nothing else. You will be amazed.

rip|member 4+ Years' Service BO2 Veteran BlackOps Veteran BC2 Veteran CoD5 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon Scrimmed MVP in a Match

rip|bonuspoints
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 06:51:30 PM »

Here is what you would be getting into.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2001-UXCM-4439

rip|member 4+ Years' Service BO2 Veteran BlackOps Veteran BC2 Veteran CoD5 Service Ribbon CoD4 Service Ribbon Scrimmed MVP in a Match

rip|ChiefJedi
Clan Members
User

Respect: 2

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 10:05:04 PM »

Wow it's been awhile since I posted in here, I still wear the RIP tag with pride though.

Me and Bonuspoints had a long session in VR last night and it was a blast. I believe Ripper now has VR too, we'll need to all hook up one night and play some Onward or something.

BO2 Veteran

rip|bonuspoints
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 11:43:32 AM »

Yea Onward would be ideal we can have 4 player co-op. I was also impressed with Payday 2 VR beta. We can also have 4 player co-op missions.

rip|ChiefJedi
Clan Members
User

Respect: 2

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 06:22:03 AM »

I'll be online Sunday evening.

BO2 Veteran

rip|bonuspoints
Clan Members
User

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 11:47:06 AM »

Sounds good I'll try to be on the same time. Remember I am on the west coast pacific standard time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

US Eastern

TinyPortal 1.0 RC1.1 | © 2005-2010 BlocWeb